Celebrating 20 Years of Wetherby!
Today marks a special day for Wetherby Building Systems as we celebrate 20 years in business!
Two decades ago when mobile phones were the size of bricks and before Google was launched on the map our 3 cofounders got together to form the Wetherby we know and love today.
However, long gone are the dodgy hairstyles and questionable fashion choices and we are left with some incredible achievements and memories. To celebrate this milestone occasion we couldn’t help but share a few of these highlights with some Wetherby trivia thrown in for fun!
- Wetherby prides itself in its continued charity support and over the years has donated in excess of £50k!
- Did you know that it would take 3600 90mm Enhanced EPS boards to reach the top of the Eiffel Tower!
- Never afraid of a challenge, Wetherby Wanderers have completed the 3 Peaks, Mt Kilimanjaro and many Great North Runs to name but a few!
- Leading the way in the industry, Wetherby have developed some innovative products that are as popular today as they have ever been!
- Do you know how many Wetherby fixings it would take to fill the Etihad Stadium???? …. No, neither do we!
- Health and Safety is always at the forefront of everything we do at Wetherby and we have an extensive list of accreditations and integrated management systems to make anyone proud.
- We love a good social gathering here at Wetherby and it wouldn’t be the same without some incriminating evidence.
- In the last 5 years alone we have recycled approximately 40,000m³ of EPS insulation, that’s enough to fill sixteen Olympic-sized swimming pools!
- With a business built on talent and fantastic team spirit it’s no wonder we’ve had 13 employees achieve their 10 year service and 34 employees achieve their 5 year service.
- Attained the highest level industry approved accreditation’s, including the newly attained KIWA certificate.
- We couldn’t go 20 years without adding some bling to our belt with numerous awards to date including ‘Most Innovative Supplier of the Year 2017’.
- We’ve come a long way from the days we thought Apple was just a fruit with our own technology developing to include the installation of our new Access & Supply Chain ERP system!
- With an ex Golf Pro, local Radio DJ and a Father Christmas impersonator on our team its clear there is no end to our employee talents!
- Proud to be involved with community engagement projects…
- Did you know that we can tint 280 tubs of render per day which equates to 2,800m²… that’s 40 houses per day!
- Creating a greener future… we stand by this moto and have reduced plastic consumption by up to 2 tonnes through up-cycling and new packaging methods!
- Over the years we have held 52 training sessions to teach the sales guys on how to take a proper photo… session 53 starts next week!
- Wetherby was the UK’s 4th fastest growing private company in 2014 according to the Sunday Times Profit Track 100!
- Who knew that our dry dash video would have more views than a Kings of Leon music video… at 3.4 million views we think that’s impressive!
- It wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t launch something new on this momentous occasion so here’s a sneak peak at our new brochures going live this year and we can’t wait for you to see them!
Wetherby Managing Director Bob Deane on the celebratory occasion:
“Over the years we have worked hard to establish Wetherby as a brand, becoming clear market leaders and honored to have won many awards along the way. However, we could not have reached this important milestone without the hard work and dedication from all employees at Wetherby, not to mention the incredible support from all our customers. Everyone has worked together to make this a huge success and I couldn’t be prouder of the fantastic team driving to achieve the best results every single day so I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone involved!”