GDHIF re-opens 10th Dec ’14 – £24m for EWI
DECC has announced that the Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) will re-open for applications on Wednesday 10 December at 9:00am. Full details of phase 2 of the scheme, can be found at: http://bit.ly/1zEEpNV
Key Points for System Manufacturers / Installers:
- There will be £30 million available until February 2015 with up to £24 million for SWI and up to £6 million for two other measures.
- The funding for SWI will be up to a maximum of £4,000 with a contribution of 33% required from the homeowner.
- There is still funding of £500 available for home buyers applying within 12 months of buying a home and £100 for a Green Deal Advice Report (GDAR).
- Anyone applying for the scheme must be the owner or occupier of the property they are improving and they will need to provide proof of ownership as part of their application – managing agents are not eligible to apply.
- The email address provided in the application must be the customer’s own and applications are limited to one per email address. This includes previous applications made under GDHIF phase 1.
- As confirmed in the Green Deal Provider/Installer T&Cs published last week (see below links), GDHIF applications will now require a GDAR/EPC and a quote for the works.
- There will be a new claims portal for redeeming vouchers which will open on 12 January 2015. Customers will not be able to redeem vouchers under phase 2 until then.
- DECC may vary the T&Cs, including the funding rates, or suspend or close the scheme with immediate effect at any time.
The revised Terms and Conditions for the scheme are available on the Green Deal Orb website: