Health & Safety
Here at Wetherby Building Systems we are very proactive in implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as part of our risk management strategy to address changing legislation and protect our workforce.
Our OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows our organisation to consistently identify and control our health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve our overall performance.
Our OHSAS is rigorously enforced at all levels within the company and reviewed and assessed by independent assessment specifically for occupational health and safety.
Our OHSAS has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to help our company meet their health and safety obligations in an efficient manner associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers and the general public.
The following key areas are addressed by our OHSAS :
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- OHSAS management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement